- Movie and game trailers are extremely well made. It really takes talent to create such enticing videos. I should look into trailers because it may help me write better research papers and posts.
- Scott Fearson, a great investor, talks about how most investors are not curious and do not ask questions. I felt so guilty. Although I am quite curious, I do admit that I am a lot of times ignorant, blaming being busy for not doing more due diligence.
- I realize that little exercise in the morning is better than no exercise in the morning. So even if it is like five minutes, let’s get the blood pumping.
- Really need to pray more. I realize that I have not been praying much due to being busy and taking care of guests. Without prayer, I feel less energetic and loving. Need to pray more.
- USC is really good at marketing and hosting events. I am quite impressed by the joy and excitement that it generates in welcoming incoming students.
In the Altucher show, A.J. Jacobs talks about how he experiments with his life. For instance, he lived literally according to the bible (this is not how you are supposed to implement holy living). He also created the world’s largest family union. During the podcast, he talks about how he experiments and how he sets up the boundaries for his experiments.
Overall, I am a big fan of experiments. Yes, you should try experiments in your life. Tim Ferriss is an expert on his life experiments and gives good directions. Also, even in the bible, Daniel talks about experimenting vegetarian diet instead of eating the palace’s food.
11 Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.” 14 So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. 16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.
Hence, experiment is good. However, let us not forget that all wisdom and knowledge comes from God.
17 To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds. 18 At the end of the time set by the king to bring them into his service, the chief official presented them to Nebuchadnezzar. 19 The king talked with them, and he found none equal to Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah; so they entered the king’s service. 20 In every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king questioned them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his whole kingdom.
Indeed, all wisdom and knowledge comes from Jesus. So let us continually pray and follow God’s word and seek His wisdom.